Thursday, 17 January 2013

Some Things Never Seem to F*h-cking Work; Until They Do

It's been SOOO long since I posted, I will blame this in part to school and my own laziness.
Anyways onto the outfit. 


I was attending a traditional event on this day and I wanted something that would embrace that without yelling 'I AM TRADITIONAL!!!'
Since it was going to be super cold in the afternoon I added my favorite sweater ever. Honestly I over wear this thing; the longest I've gone without wearing it is two weeks and that's only cuz I didn't want to  go through the labour of hand washing......
I know, I have many acts of laziness. 
New goal for 2013, right? 
I usually HATE animal print but I decided, meh! What the hell. Why not do something I think I don't like, nothing like killing hatred of stupid things.


Apart from finally updating I am also trying to be more open. 
I watched a Ted talk the other day; something done in boredom (usually). 
The gist of it all was that if we all tell our secrets, instead of keeping them we will feel better and start to live. Finally escaping that feeling of numbness.
At first I was hesitant, errrm why would I want people to know things that I'd rather keep to myself?
But them I realized that was it, the more you keep things to yourself, the more you feel by yourself.
So I messaged my ex-bestie and told her about something that I'd been keeping to myself for a long long time.
At first I felt anxious, but after a few moments of hearing my racing heart beat and warming up to the temperature of a hot saucepan, I felt better. 
Now if only I could be this honest when it comes to matters of the heart....
Small steps.
Akoyi
* By the way go listen to a song by Solange Knowles that bears the same title as my post, minus the -and h. It's pretty amazing.
It begs the question of why she isn't popular in the mainstream world of music. 
It's things like this that make me feel that we all have bad taste in music, and everything else.
But maybe I'm being too harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment